Chicken asparagus and lime on a bed of field greens with wild rice.
- 2 Limes (roll them with your palm to get the juice flowing)
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- Bunch of Asparagus (cut on a slant so they look fancy)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced (I used a garlic press)
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Field Greens (I bought pre-washed package from Wegmans)
- Wild Rice
- Crushed Red Pepper (to taste, I like heat)
- Boil water and either steam or boil asparagus (I steamed).
- Start the wild rice and cook per instructions on package.
- In a frying pan with a lid, add olive oil and heat on medium heat.
- Lightly coat chicken in corn starch.
- Add chicken breasts, cook each side for 5 minutes (until slightly brown).
- Remove chicken, add the juice of one lime and garlic. Stir for 1 minute.
- Put chicken back in the pan and add juice of other lime. Cook for 15 more minutes (medium heat).
- Remove chicken (but save lime juice).
- In a bowl, combine field greens, asparagus, and lime juice from chicken pan and toss.
- Serve chicken on top of rice and field greens. (Red pepper flakes to taste).
What I Learned…
- I miss butter. A lot.
- If I start the asparagus and rice shortly after the chicken is cooking, everything is pretty much ready at the same time.
- Success in the kitchen has a lot to do with timing.
- I didn’t want to cook tonight, but I forced myself to. Cooking is a new habit I simply have to get used to.
- I should have saved a lime wedge for the photo.