The answer is “yes”, you *can* grill a perfect homemade pizza on your outdoor gas grill using everyday non-perishable items in your pantry. We’re getting ready for hurricane season here in Baton Rouge and wanted to do a test run in case we lost power. We call it a hurricane pizza and it turned out awesome!
Homemade Pizza Dough
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon brewer’s yeast
- 1 cup water (room-temperature)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Sprinkle some flour around on the table
- Place the flour in a pile in the middle of it
- Make a well/hole in the middle of your pile of flour and pour a little water in there
- Add the yeast
- Blend flour (little by little) and add the remaining water (again, little by little)
- After everything is combined, add the olive oil and salt (little by little)
- Knead the dough for a couple of minutes (Dough is ready when it it is smooth and elastic)
- Add some flour to a bowl, add the dough, cover with a cloth and let rest for 4 hours.
- Punch it out and roll out dough to size/shape of your pizza pan, top with sauce and favorite toppings.
- Cook pizza in 400 degree pre-heated gas grill for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted completely.